Wednesday, February 17, 2010

And Here We Go...

Tomorrow is the big day, my friends - the day I begin the Artful Journey Retreat where I will make an "Art-Full" book learning from Kelly Rae Roberts and Mati Rose McDonough...and what a journey it has already been to get to this day! I keep hearing how these retreats can change one's life but I think it's fair to say that just registering for this retreat has been life-altering:

  • I 'met' Cathy of Tinniegirl blog, who I will finally meet face-to-face tomorrow
  • I've 'met' Chrissy of cul*ti*vate and will also see her in person tomorrow
  • I've met so many fabulous bloggers, I wish you were ALL going to be there at the retreat!
  • I completed my Word of the Year and, to paraphrase Langston Hughes:

"I put my head out the window and 'Art-FULL Creativity' slapped me BANG! in the face"

  • I submitted art for Patti Digh's up-coming book AND submitted art for a gallery exhibit in Ventura, California, and I hope to hear about the results from each one soon and believe me - I will share all the news when I find out if I'm in. I can't imagine what other art submissions are in store for me this year!


It does seem that "art" is really (finally!) blooming in my life now...

 
tree in bloom near Leimert Park where I work...

I still have a few more things to do before I can finally rest and (try!) to sleep before tomorrow morning when I hit the road to drive to the retreat. Luckily, I'm staying with my dear boyfriend, Doug, so he will be the last dear face I see before I sally forth to meet with friends and classmates, amazing artists all...

Needless to say, I will be on hiatus during this trip* but the next post will be my 100th so of course special attention must be paid to that!

Until then, I hope your week is filled with Art-FULL Creativity!




*(unless Cathy can loan me her borrowed laptop - thanks Curly Pops!)


7 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Hee hee before I read the bottom sentence, I was thinking that you could just blog from my laptop!
Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Susan L (lily40au) said...

you will love Cathy and i can't wait to see what we get to see of the retreat. give cathy a hug from us.

Posie Patchwork said...

Happy retreating, sounds action packed & full of friends, love Posie

humel said...

Have a super fantastic time hun xx

PS Thanks so much for the advice with my sewing machine!! The printed twill was, I'm pretty sure, from 7 Gypsies; I don't know if they do it any more but I'll keep my eyes peeled and if I see any I'll send you some xx

Cathy (Tinniegirl) said...

Travel safe. You're probably already on the road by now.

Seeing as CurlyPops has already said so, I don't see any problem to sharing the laptop.

See you soon.

Kolleen said...

hope you are enjoying your retreat immensely!!

they ARE life changing!!!

i am certain you fell in love with sweet sweet Chrissy...she is one of my bestest friends and is just a treasure!

can't wait to read more when you post your 100th!!!

xoxo
k
www.heartwingsisters.blogspot.com

chrissy said...

missing you.
i wear my earrings every day and think of my sweet friend monica.
you are a blast girlfriend.
hugs.
c