Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking Forward...

It's been quite a week since the last holiday post and what a lovely week it's been:
  • I did the Completion Ritual for 2009 written exercise on Christmas Day and it was very helpful for me to see how I can move forward from the difficult parts of the last year
  • I've been reading the book gift my dear boyfriend gave me: "Life is a Verb", by Patti Digh and it's a great read with great written exercises; I can't wait to create a piece of artwork for her next book!*
  • I've been walking every morning, followed with a morning stretch yoga tape - it's good to stretch again!
  • I had new friends over to my humble home for a new Movie Matinee followed by my Annual Movie Matinee with my very dear Wise Woman and friend of many years, Janet
  • I had a great visit with another dear friend and presented a special "tool kit" gift that I created for her, with some inspiration from The Craft Gypsy
  • I spent some much needed quiet time with my dear boyfriend
  • I celebrated ringing out the old year with good friends
  • I had my annual early morning ritual of watching the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade on television, cuddled in blankets with some hot chocolate

It's been a restful week with time to reflect on the last year and look forward to the new one...

I found this on the walls of a clothing shop and had to take a picture of it!


I have much hope for this new year and like the wall art above, I'm hoping it will be the year of Courageous, Outrageous, Contagious Action!

  • The first big exciting event I'm looking forward to is the Artful Journey Retreat in Santa Cruz. I will be in the class taught by Kelly Rae Roberts and her friend Mati Rose and I am so excited about this event! I will have the opportunity to meet Cathy of Tinniegirl and Chrissy of Cul*ti*vate, who will be fellow classmates.

  • I plan on making more time to make more art and special gifts and I also hope to launch my etsy store this year.

A special collage 'party hat' I created for the 2007 New Year; yes, I wore this hat to parties that night!

  • I'm continuing with cleaning/clearing my creative playroom and making it a sacred space for creativity.
  • I'm doing the same for my entire home in the hopes that the cleaning/clearing will help me make room for better work opportunities to come my way.

*** *** ***

The past year was a difficult year in many ways but there were great things I accomplished as well, things that I would never have considered without the help of my great Life Coach, Pete Lee and I'm definitely going to work on 'celebrating myself wildly' for ALL my successes big AND small!



How will you celebrate yourself wildly in this New Year?

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to you all for 2010!**


* - I'm on the list to create artwork for Patti Digh's next book: "Creative is a Verb"...fitting for a Creative Beast, don't you think?!?
** - I do believe that 2010 will be a great year - after all, 2010 adds up to the number 3 and you know I believe Three is the Magic Number!

3 comments:

humel said...

Hiya babe - sorry I've neglected your blog lately, I haven't forgotten you! Love these pics :-) Wishing you and yours all the best for 2010 xx

chrissy said...

...this was a great post. thanks for the little love link. i am so excited to meet you in person. i love the book..."life is a verb" also. that is wonderful you are on the list to make art for her next book...how in the world did you do that? congratulations. i can't wait to see what you come up with. im certain it will be AMAZING.
we should our arrivals together...also with cathy who i think will already be in san fran.
peace to you today!
c

www.chrissygardner.blogspot.com

prashant said...

That's one reason I'm doing 365, and also Scrap Your Day.

Work from home India