Friday, November 13, 2009

Four Days to 44!

In four days I will turn 44 years old - WOW!! I could not imagine what the 40th decade would look like when I was a young girl and now all I can think is: this is pretty cool, this gaining life experience thing...



I love to use my birthday as a personal 'New Year', a time to reflect on the past year and look toward the next year of aging, gaining life experience, wisdom and knowledge. This past year has been one of difficult growing pains but also of much personal expansion and pushing of personal boundaries, such as starting this blog.



There is much I want to accomplish in the next four days before my actual birthday and the biggest goal is to declutter my workroom/studio/creative space...as you can see here, I've got my work cut out for me:



my current sewing table with the trusty Kenmore and the overlock; the cover stitch is hiding

I've been wanting a new sewing table for my workroom for some time, not to mention a tidy and functional space to work in for sewing, collage, and jewelry making...the knitting generally takes place in front of the TV...

Not much room for creating here!

It's time for a beautiful, organized and functional workspace for this Creative Beast and I'm hoping to get the two main tables relatively cleared so I might be able to get the new sewing table I've been pining about for over a year. I know I will really need it because I've been thinking of setting a special challenge for myself in my 'new year' which I will post about next week and I hope that many of you will help me stay on track for that challenge and maybe even join in..? Stay tuned for details!



But here are some general plans for this "4 days to 44" weekend:
  • I plan on finishing a t-shirt scarf so I can finally mail off the Giveaway package of goodies - sorry it's taking a while Mel! (BTW: love your 'Pink Christmas!)
  • I'll spend some time with my dear boyfriend during the weekend and the big B-day
  • I'll squeeze in some knitting of, what else? MITTS!!
  • Visiting some dear friends I used to work with for breakfast

And heed the advice of Pete, my Life Coach, to "Celebrate Myself Wildly"!

In the meantime, I plan on seeing some performance art buddies strut their stuff tonight, which I think is a good way to start my weekend off!

4 comments:

glitterbygrammie said...

I hope you enjoy your 4 days til 44. I just cleaned up some of my work space. I have pictures on my blog. Although I haven't organized my sewing area yet.
Happy 44th.

humel said...

Ooh, exciting!! :-) No hurry - I'm very much looking forward to my package but take as long as you need!

And -

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday Creative Beee-eeast,
Happy birthday toooooo yoooooooooou!!
xx

Cathy (Tinniegirl) said...

Sounds like you've got lots of fabulous plans. Have a wonderful weekend and an awesome birthday.

Pinkie Pirate said...

Hey, happy birthday!