Friday, October 30, 2009

Things I Like to Make - Mitts!

I LOVE to knit MITTS!!!

Also known as fingerless gloves or hand-warmers, I have really grown to love knitting these little beauties up and have designed a few pairs to boot:

I designed this pair of multi-color with cable...I have been working on making this pattern available but need someone who might like to try it out to see if the instructions are easy to follow...



This pair is black with 'fur' yarn trim...


I made these using a Noro silk and wool yarn...


I mixed an orange merino with raspberry mohair to create fun stripes...



...and these are red with 'fun fur' mitts...




Yes, I do love knitting mitts, so much that many of my fellow knitters know me as "The Mitt Mistress"!

One of the above pair of mitts will be included in the "bag of goodies" giveaway for the Joy Doll project. I also need to announce the Special Guest Judge for this first giveaway and the Special Guest Judge is...(drum roll here!):

The judge is none other than my own 'Wise Woman', Janet! She has agreed to view the final Joy Doll entries and we hope to have a winner by next Wednesday November 4.

Remember to submit pictures and a link if you are posting your pictures on your blog. I will have a round-up of links and re-post your pictures for the final viewing =-) You can find the e-mail address in the sidebar!

Hope you're having a great Friday wherever you are!

1 comment:

Cathy (Tinniegirl) said...

Your mitts are gorgeous, and so fun.

My entry is the collage that you commented on today. I'll send a picture to your email address.