Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thank you!

This Blogtoberfest has been very exciting and I am so grateful to Tinniegirl for encouraging me to join in the fun. The list of participants is just HUGE! I don't know how I will get to visit them all in one month but I have been attempting to make the rounds. SO many creative souls writing about their process, or their ups and downs in trying to create - I just love seeing how much creativity is out there!


I read Tinniegirl's post made during the weekend while she was absorbing the results of the ever-growing list of participants and the feelings she was processing. It was interesting that in her part of the world she "put on some great soulful music and got busy in the studio" because I had been doing the very same thing the day before!


I was getting down AND getting down to work as I rediscovered the joys of the music of
Michael Franti. I especially had to listen to "Thank you" at least three times in a row. I'm not sure how to link music into a blog at this time but if you know of a place where you can listen to this song, go immediately and listen! and I DARE you to keep from dancing to this amazing song! FYI: I have a story about seeing Michael Franti sing for free TWICE in the same day! I will be sure to share it here sometime...


Participating in this Blogtoberfest event has been really wonderful because I have seen glimpses of folks who have had similar experiences to my own, in one way or another:

It has been so wonderful to read Pepper Stitches post about using unhappiness as a muse for creativity because I know I've sometimes felt like that.

It's been great to read at Shary Bobbins the frustration of a sewing machine that just won't cooperate with you because I've had days like that!

And I truly appreciated how open Pinkie Pirate is to other viewpoints on having children and how she expressed her concerns about teaching her family's culture to her super-adorable son because I have had experiences with not being as connected to my own culture, for better and for worse.


And these wonderful creative kindred spirits and others have stopped by to visit my blog and left the most wonderful comments about my dolls and toys! Thank you all so much for your enthusiasm about my work! It's really heartwarming to see and read =-)

It is also so wonderful how you are all embracing your true selves and being authentic. I just know the more we all do this the more it will encourage others to do the same and just think of what the world would be like if everyone was true and authentic...I don't know about you but I believe Michael Franti when he sings:



"All the freaky people make the beauty in the world"
from the song "Stay Human (All the Freaky People)"

1 comment:

Sherrin said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog... it's lovely to 'meet' you! I've been having a look around your blog, and the things you make are fantastic. I look forward to reading more of what you write, and seeing more of your creations.