Friday, October 23, 2009

My Joy Doll, so far...

Can you believe there are only 8 days left of Blogtoberfest?? What a great month it's been and there are still so many sites to visit of the many participants in this fantastic event!

In the meantime, I thought I'd post a picture of how far along I am on my own Joy Doll Project. I found this knitted doll pattern on a trip to Portland, Oregon last summer where a wonderful knitting shop called Knit/Purl was just across the street from the hotel my dear boyfriend and I were staying in! Can you believe he planned that for me?? He thought I might like being close to a knitting shop during our time in Portland - isn't he wonderful?!?



I will be spending time this weekend stitching and stuffing this little doll, along with collecting and photographing goodies for the giveaway prize. I also have a guest judge planned and I will announce that next week.

ALL PARTICIPANTS: I have an e-mail address you can send your Joy Doll pictures to which is:

thecreativebeast (at) gmail (dot) com

Please send pictures to the e-mail address by October 31, 2009 along with your address for a final review of the Joy Dolls. They will be forwarded to the guest judge for impartial judging - I've already seen one completed doll and I can tell the judging process might be hard for me!

If you are posting the pictures on your site, let me know and I'll have a round-up of links for general viewing!

Many thanks to the participants in my first follow-along project - I appreciate you playing along with me and I can't wait to see all finished dolls!

2 comments:

lily40au said...

I can't wait to see what this looks like when it's finished.

Cathy (tinniegirl) said...

Can't wait for the big reveal.