Monday, October 26, 2009

Making business cards...

I mentioned being quite busy during the weekend and here are some of the fruits of my labors: my business cards handmade by yours truly...

I created a basic template back in the mists of time before there was a program on Microsoft to make business cards from your computer (am I dating myself here??!?) and I would make copies onto cardstock paper at my local copy shop. Then I would cut them and try to center the cuts as best as possible but when I had an idea to rubber stamp the cards to make each one a mini artwork, I no longer cared if the cuts were centered since the rubber stamps could be worked in to 'fill in the gaps' as you will see...



Going from a whole page to cut pieces...



They are now cut and ready for rubber stamping!



Time for a much needed cup of tea for a sore throat while happily rubber stamping cards...



No two batches are ever the same...Here are the finished cards...pick a card, any card!



When I hand out my business cards I ask the recipient to choose one that resonates with them. One fellow I did this with had commented that it felt like choosing a tarot card! Funny he would say that since I am intrigued by the Tarot...most folks like choosing though they do say it can be hard to decide!

I know I could use a business card computer template or have them professionally printed, especially since I also hand-write my blog address on the back of each card, but I like being hands-on at this time and it's fun to see how each batch really does look differently. I'll probably look into getting a rubber stamp made of my hand-written blog address to use on the back of the cards to make that part of the process go a little faster =-)

4 comments:

chrissy said...

hi..i saw that we both commented on tinniegirl's blog and that we both are going to the retreat in february. i LOVe your cards and admire the love you put into each one!
chrissy

The Creative Beast said...

hi Chrissy!
YAY! another Artful Journey classmate! will you be in Kelly Rae's class also?

thanks for your kind words on my card making process - i took a peek at your blog and love what you are creating there! and it's only been a few weeks for you =-)! i can't wait to see what develops at your blog...

Cathy (tinniegirl) said...

Look forward to choosing my handmade card in Feb. They are really lovely.

I'm also really interested in Tarot, another thing we have in common.

The Creative Beast said...

ahh, Tinniegirl, there IS much we have in common, isn't there!? =-)