Saturday, October 24, 2009

Art in my home - wood sculpture

Since I'll be busy all day Saturday (and probably Sunday!) I thought I'd share some work I've created in the past during my 'art school' days...



I had gone back to community college with the thought that I would transfer to a four-year to get a degree in Fine Art. I worked with a great teacher who helped me create this wood sculpture. It's been many years since I created this box and, unfortunately, it's usually stored away to keep it from damage.

I took these photos recently because I had the idea (again!) of going to a four-year to get my degree in Fine Art and I thought of going to Oregon College of Art and Craft. I was working on a portfolio to submit and wanted to include this art piece.



OCAC is an amazing college and amazing work is created by the students there and Portland is a fantastic city filled with many creative folks. I've reconsidered going to this school since I already do much of what I would like to learn which is bookbinding and I'm learning it here at home for a lot less money! But I do hope to move to Portland one day...

2 comments:

anna said...

that is beautiful!

The Creative Beast said...

thank you Anna!
I hope you have a chance to make a Joy Doll; if not this time then soon =-)