Sunday, October 11, 2009

Art in my home - Dining room

Taking some time to share artwork I've created that is in my home. This is a mixed media collage that hangs on the wall of my little dining area...



The 'frame' is actually crate packaging for a computer that was shipped to an office I worked for many years ago. I thought it would make a great base for a 3-dimensional collage. I included many found bits of nature from my many walks in my neighborhood, found or purchased metal objects and postcards that had a nostalgic feel. I really love sepia tones and this piece is no exception. You will find sepia tones in a LOT of my collage art...

2 comments:

lily40au said...

Absolutely gorgeous. It's so nice to have pieces around you that have real meaning ... and I can see your passion in this.

The Craft Gypsy said...

It's just lovely, you are very talented.