Monday, September 21, 2009

Tools of my trade - Vintage Typewriter

I thought I'd like to share one of the tools of my trade for the collage work I do. It's my portable vintage typewriter:

Isn't my typewriter cute!

Here is my Sears Tutor Typewriter that I was lucky enough to find at the Pasadena City College Flea Market which takes place every first Sunday of the month. It is a great flea market but it is big. It's not quite as big as the Rose Bowl Flea Market because you CAN get through it in a day, which really can not be done at the Rose Bowl Flea Market. Also, the Pasadena Flea Market is FREE! (my favorite 4-letter f-word!)



After I acquired my typewriter I took it for new typing ribbons since the old one was dried of ink. I use it to type up quotes for my little matchbox creations and other collage items. Here is a remnant I didn't use:


Quote reads: "Luck is what happens when PREPARATION meets OPPORTUNITY..."


I am debating whether to take it with me to the Artful Journey Retreat...it's a tool I use in my work so I may pack it for the class. Luckily, it IS a portable typewriter and not very heavy. Maybe some of my fellow classmates will get a kick out of it! =-)

No comments: