Thursday, September 10, 2009

Out of Sorts...

I live in Los Angeles, California and if you don't know by now, there has been a raging fire going on for over a week and I'm now feeling the effects of it through allergies and sinus problems.

I've also been the feeling the beginnnings of crankiness creep in, so when I saw this little post from a soon-to-be-classmate at the Artful Journey Retreat, I thought, WHEW! It's not just me...


I really appreciate how she expresses what happens when you are working on personal growth:

"I think any period of personal growth is always going to close you off from others to some degree"


I do feel this has been happening quite a bit with some old friends that are still stuck in old behaviors or thought patterns but I've also noticed how new friends are coming into my life that really reinforce the new life I'm truly creating for myself or meeting old acquaintences that seem to be on the same path or a similar one and it gets exciting to talk about our creative arts and where we want to go with them.


Needless to say, I was happy to see this post today from my Internet Hero, Chris Guillebeau, which also made me feel a bit better.


Sometimes, I marvel at how the Universe reminds me "There are no accidents" ;)

2 comments:

Cathy (tinniegirl) said...

I'm honoured that you would use my words. Thank you. I've recently discovered Chris Guillebeau and I enjoyed his post today also.

Creative Beast said...

i'm glad that you have discovered Chris and his fantastic site - i hope you enjoy what he has to offer.

thank you for sharing your moods and your words on your blog; it is a brave thing to do!

can't wait to meet at the Retreat!