Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Dear Wise Woman

Last night I had a visit with a dear friend that I call my Wise Woman. I have known her for many years (over 15) and she has been a wonderful support to me during those years. As I now grow into my own Wise Womanly-ness, I find that I am now able to provide some wise wisdom for my own Wise Woman...



Her name is Janet Sternfeld-Davis and she has provided unconditional guidance, wisdom and support in time of need through the years. She has purchased my work as gifts for friends and family, she has paid to have garments made for her, she has even given gifts of money to support my endeavors - last night she gifted early birthday funds for me use toward the Artful Journey Retreat!




Janet has been such an amazing presence in my life that I created a special doll based on her "unconditional guidance wisdom and support" and of course, called it "Wise Woman". She has the very first one I made and I have sold only a few since I first created them but there is a story that came out of this doll...




The Story of the Wise Woman Doll Gift - Part I

Back in the 1990's I tried to make a go of selling my craft works and was selling dolls on consignment in a few specialty shops. One of the workers at a shop informed me that there was a letter from a buyer of one of my dolls and that it had been given to a woman with cancer and it cured the cancer! Well, I found this a bit hard to believe so I went to the shop in search of the letter. But for the rest of the day all I could think of was "Who I am makes a difference!"*.

When I got the shop the letter was no where to be seen.

I was not entirely surprised to find there was no letter since the owner of this particular shop (no longer open at this time) was not exactly someone who was friendly to the concept of "magic" and was all about commerce, instead of meaningful exchange. I left the shop a little saddened that there was no letter....

Story to be continued...


* - one of the many wonderful stories in "Chicken Soup for the Soul"

2 comments:

Cathy (tinniegirl) said...

Can't wait for the rest of the story. I'm so glad to have discovered your blog and can't wait to meet up in Feb next year.

Creative Beast said...

thank you! i'm glad to have discovered YOUR blog and i really look forward to meeting in February too.

i also hope to buy a tinniegirl product at the etsy site soon!