Monday, August 17, 2009

My breakfast bowl and other news...

I took a day off from work on Friday to relax and play and I was able to have my favorite cereal in my favorite breakfast bowl. I wish I had time every morning to eat from my favorite cereal bowl...I just love the bright colored stripes. It always makes my morning happy to look at it!



In other news, I did have a fitting on the Pretty In Pink dress project I mentioned previously and it went well. Now begins the work of cutting the fabric and sewing it together! It was actually quite an event...



The client came with her little girl and husband. I looked for something to keep her daughter entertained because, I recently learned*, that my home is quite the eye-candy for young girls. It turns out however that it was quite the eye-candy for my client AND her husband!! They are both flea market folks and they collect many vintage items. My clients husband was so intrigued by the items around my home that he was asking several questions, often overlapping questions from my client. I almost said "One question at a time, please!" There are few men who are interested in vintage items, thrift shopping or flea markets, so it was a pleasant surprise that he was interested in such things. And I was happy when my client could see how my home reflected my Creative Beast ways, never mind that my humble abode is still rather cluttered, in my mind, anyway. It was nice to hear that my home reflects my Creative Beast ways...



* - about two months ago a friend came by with her young daughter to pick up some pants I hemmed. The daughter began to create a tower with my thread spools once she entered the "Lair of the Creative Beast", aka the workroom! That's when I realized that my home is quite the eye-candy for the uninitiated!! The daughter of my client made a tower also, once she stepped foot in the "lair"...very interesting! ;)

No comments: