Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More Artful Mail...

cards made with hand tatted lace flowers the size of your pinkie nail and watercolor paint

I have been so inspired by the Missive Maven blog I discovered last week through the blog of Jen Lee, a creativity coach, that I have busted out some treasures I found in my granny's workroom closet after she passed away many years ago...
I thought I'd send the only blue colored envelope/notecard of the bunch to a dear friend who will be celebrating a birthday tomorrow and she loves blue. I added a quote to the front of the card and stamp images which I colored with my set of mini colored pencils (see my welcome post) but I didn't take any pictures of the card just in case she stopped by here for a visit -I didn't want to spoil the WHOLE surprise of a little artfulness in the mail!



And I found a mail carrier who was kind enough to take my decorated missive since I had missed the only mail pick-up time in my work neighborhood - HOORAY for the U.S. Postal Service!

2 comments:

The Missive Maven said...

Oh my GOODNESS - those cards ARE a treasure!! Did your granny make those herself??

Creative Beast said...

hi Misive Maven! i'm so thrilled you stopped by for a visit =-)!
yes, i believe my maternal grandmother did make them considering she did crochet and tatted lace, as well as sew and knit and i think a little watercolor painting. the sad thing is that some of them had been food for bugs when we discovered them but there were still a few good ones and i did get a few...now i know you should certainly receive one =-)

thanks so much for visiting and i hope to send you SOMETHING in the mail soon...