Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Love Quotes...

covered matchbox with quote tucked inside; i make these as gifts for friends and plan to make some to sell on my future etsy site! stay tuned!


I love quotes and use them in my collage work a lot and I will be sharing my favorites here on this blog. I made the matchbox above as a special reminder to myself using one of my very favorite quotes on being brave:


"Brave is simply those with the clearest vision of what is before them, Glory and Danger alike, and, not withstanding, go out to meet it"


I heard this in the movie "Kate and Leopold" with Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman so I don't know if it was part of the written dialogue or if this quote has an original source...if anyone does know the original source, I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I understand it, the quote was from a Greek historian named Thucydides.