Monday, August 31, 2009

'Funday' with Creative Kindred Spirits...

On Sunday, I spent time with a "Creative Kindred Spirit" helping her create some fun props for a fundraiser that will benefit a wonderful non-profit organization she works for. Her name is Jane and she comes from London...needless to say, she makes one of the best cups of tea I've ever had the pleasure to drink*. So I wasn't too surprised when she showed me this adorable gift she received from a friend some time ago...
This adorable little "teacup" is made from a sweater!
Or maybe it's a cup of hot chocolate since there's "whipped cream topping" on it!!

I had a great time helping with making some props that will be used at the "Mad Hatter Tea Party" for the children's area, but I also had a great time sharing ideas and hopes and dreams with someone who also has great ideas and dreams for a life filled with more creativity that each of us want to share with others. Jane loves to teach sewing to enthusiastic children and the items they create in her studio are fun and fantastic! I may even teach a class to them in the near future - stay tuned!


*I've mentioned that I would love to know how she makes such a delicious cup of tea, but I suspect she may not be ready to divulge her secrets to the Creative Beast...yet! ;)

No comments: