Monday, August 10, 2009

Book binding...

Everything needed to create a lovely book - Wendy provides all supplies and materials you need...

Ready to sew the signatures (paper pages) into the book...

The signature knots on the outside of the binding will be hidden later...

Here is my metal empbossed cover before glueing to the cover of the book itself...

The finished product!



Hello everyone!


Well, it's Monday and back to the office grind. I did have a fun weekend, though, in a bookbinding class creating a book with a metal embossed cover. I've been taking book binding classes taught by a great gal, Wendy Poma, who teaches at Vroman's Bookstore located in Pasadena. This class is my third one so far and I'm planning on taking more in the near future since she also teaches at several venues in the Los Angeles area. The next class I hope to take will be held at Descanso Gardens, which is a great place if you love walking among beautiful flowers.


I've posted just a few hi-lights of what I accomplished in my class, as you can see above...more creativity coming soon!

3 comments:

Tinniegirl said...

I'm planning to give book binding a go some time soon. I think it will be fun to be able to make art books.

Creative Beast said...

hi Tinniegirl!
the book binding classes i've taken so far are great. i'm thinking of creating some tutorials for making bound books for artists who would like to bind their own books before turning it into an art book...eventually!
if i find any books at a library anytime soon, i'll be posting them here =-)

jennifer lee said...

Very cool book! Thanks for sharing!!!